Game on—sports are back at Asphalt Green! We can’t wait to welcome you to our facilities and give kids an outlet to get active during these unprecedented times. This fall, we will be running youth programs with reduced capacity and new safety measures that follow all State, City, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Fall programs begin September 21 and feature the following sports:
- Soccer (Upper East Side only)
- Baseball (Upper East Side only)
- Flag football (Upper East Side only)
- Basketball (Battery Park City only)
- Martial arts (virtual only)
We are committed to creating a safe, encouraging environment for children to discover the power of sports and embrace physical activity. Some highlights of our safety measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 include:
- Limit one spectator for child for all outdoor activities. Spectators must wear a face covering. Spectators are not permitted for indoor activities, leagues, or practices. Parents/guardians are required to pick up child outdoors.
- Equipment and indoor spaces are sanitized in between classes.
- Participants are maintained in static groups with the same coach each session.
- Coaches must wear face masks at all times. Participants are required to wear face masks whenever indoors, arriving or departing, and when activity permits (e.g., stretching).
- Social distancing measures will be in place and indicated with markings on the field, court, or indoor space. Activities will be focused on individual skill development without shared equipment or physical contact.
Asphalt Green’s fall sports begin after running a successful Summer Day Camp program. We hosted 200 campers daily June through August and recorded zero reported or confirmed COVID-19 cases with our safety protocols in place. Watch our camp video to see how kept our community safe.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org