Sports and fitness programs are back at Asphalt Green! We can’t wait to welcome you to our facilities and give kids and adults a physical and mental outlet during these unprecedented times. This winter and spring, we will be running programs with reduced capacity and new safety measures that follow all State, City, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
REGISTRATION DATES FOR WINTER AND SPRING TERMS:
FAMILY REGISTRATION (for Asphalt Green family members only): Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 8:30am
PRIORITY REGISTRATION (for Asphalt Green members and winter term registrants only): Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 8:30am
OPEN REGISTRATION (open to everyone): Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 8:30am
Winter term begins January 2. Spring term begins March 6.
- Award-winning swim classes and recreational leagues for youth (starting at age 4 months) and adults
- Soccer (Upper East Side only)
- Baseball (Upper East Side only)
- Flag football (Upper East Side only)
- Basketball (Battery Park City only)
- Martial arts (private and semi-private lessons and virtual only)
- Personal training: Get matched with the right trainer based on your goals. Virtual and in-person training available.
- Transformation Package: Return to the gym confidently and safely. Whether you want to build muscle, improve cardio, or alleviate aches and pains, our Transformation Package provides the structure and support you need to get back on fitness track. Work out smarter with an eight-week personalized training program.
We are committed to creating a safe, encouraging environment for children and adults to discover the power of sports and embrace physical activity. Some highlights of our safety measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 include:
- Spectators must wear a face covering. Limit one spectator per child for outdoor activities. Spectator access for indoor programs is limited or restricted in some cases. Details will be provided on a program basis.
- Equipment and indoor spaces are sanitized in between classes.
- Participants are maintained in static groups with the same coach each session.
- Coaches must wear face masks at all times. Participants are required to wear face masks whenever indoors, arriving or departing, and when activity permits (e.g., stretching).
- Social distancing measures will be in place and indicated with markings on the field, court, or indoor space. Activities will be focused on individual skill development without shared equipment or physical contact.
- Reservations are required for the fitness center and pool. Capacity is limited per New York State and City guidelines, and members must remain 6 feet apart.
- A face covering is required at all times in the fitness center. Coverings may be cloth-based or disposable but may not include bandanas, buffs, or gaiters.