Asphalt Green instructor Demetra, is bringing Skill’s in Motion, Asphalt Green’s exclusive fall prevention program to your home. In this level one class, you will improve agility, balance, proprioception, hand-eye coordination, muscle response, and core strength – no equipment necessary. Towel optional.
Before you begin:
- Make sure your space is clear of clutter.
- Listen to Demetra closely for safe cuing and try to follow her pace.
- If you need a break, stop, sit, and come back when you are ready.
- Do not overstrain; if anything does not feel good, either modify or march/step in place.
- Take water breaks as needed.
- Focus on your breath throughout the routine.
- Pay attention to posture – connect your mind to the movement.
- Have fun!
SKILLS IN MOTION Skills in motion is a fun and social exercise program designed to improve functional balance in older adults. Roughly one-third of all adults ages 65 or older will experience a fall at some point in their lives. The 16-week curriculum improves strength and coordination through a variety of exercises, recess-inspired games, and activities. Participants improve agility, active and static balance, proprioception, hand-eye coordination, quick-twitch muscle response, and core strength. Learn more.