Why swim with AGUA Masters?
- AGUA Masters is one of the fastest growing adult swim teams in the country. Swimming is a sport you can do for life. We offer 26 weekly coached workouts that focus on building speed and endurance. Beyond the pool, we are a tight-knit community that is dedicated to helping every member succeed.
Do I have to be a member of Asphalt Green?
- Yes. AGUA Masters is sold as an add-on to your membership at Asphalt Green.
What are the membership fees?
- We offer the following monthly payment plans:
- Asphalt Green membership fees vary by type. View options here.
- Asphalt Green membership add-on: $64/month
- You must also join US Masters for $43/year.
I'm a US Masters Swimming (USMS) member and am visiting from out of town. Can I drop in for a session?
- Registered USMS members visiting from out of town are welcome to join a practice on a walk-in basis. There is a $20 fee for out-of-state visitors and a $35 guest rate for New York residents that must be paid by cash or credit card at the front desk upon arrival. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Some restrictions may apply.
What is the demographic of the team?
- AGUA Masters has over 200 adult swimmers. Most swim for fitness, competition, and triathlons, ranging in age from 18 to 90.
I am not the fastest swimmer, not comfortable with all of the strokes, and unsure I can finish an hour-long workout. What level must my swimming be at to join?
- AGUA Masters welcomes swimmers of all abilities. Our team is made up of people ranging from former collegiate All-Americans to novice swimmers. If you can swim for one hour or 2,000 yards comfortably, our coaching staff can help you improve your skills and endurance. You should be familiar with all four competitive strokes. Workouts are adjusted to take into account each swimmer’s ability level.
What equipment will I need to bring?
- Please bring a comfortable swimsuit, goggles, towel, pool shoes, and a swim cap. TYR Catalyst Training Paddles and TYR CrossBlade Training Fins are also needed.
Will I be swimming with others my speed?
- Yes. You will be assigned a lane with swimmers compatible with your skills.
How far can I expect to swim at each practice?
- Each workout runs for one to two hours. The coach assigns sets, which vary by stroke, distance, and speed. The faster lanes generally cover over 4,000 yards in a one-hour workout, and the slower lanes cover about 2,000 yards.
When do workouts take place?
- Please check our practice schedule here.
What’s the water temperature?
- The water temperature is between 79 and 82 degrees.
Do AGUA Masters members have access to locker rooms?
- Yes. AGUA Masters members have access to locker rooms complete with showers and towel service at both our Upper East Side and Battery Park City campuses.
Is specific attire required for practice?
- No. Any type of swimsuit that makes you feel comfortable will do.
Can I try a workout before I sign up?
- Yes, your first workout is free. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any organized social events outside of the pool?
- Yes. We host happy hours, team breakfasts, potlucks, participate in local and regional competitions, travel to a tropical destination for an annual training trip, and more.
Where can I get more information?
- Contact us at email@example.com.