Now that summer is over, we are using our childcare expertise to help families navigate remote learning. AG Lab provides a safe, encouraging, and social environment for second-through sixth-graders to complete their schoolwork. Students will work independently with support, supervision, and physical activity breaks led by our experienced staff. AG Lab takes place at our Upper East Side campus and runs Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm. Optional after care available from 3pm to 6pm for a fee.
- Students work at a designated learning station. All desks are 6 feet away from one another. (Specific desk may shift throughout the week.) Children must bring their own laptop computer, charger, and headphones.
- Complete schoolwork with high-speed internet.
- Asphalt Green provided snacks and nutritious lunch from Butter Beans. Children eat in socially distanced groups. See sample menu.
- Structured brain breaks with indoor and outdoor physical activities are led by experienced coaches. Activities run throughout the day on a rolling basis to accommodate students’ varying learning schedules.
- Designated counselor monitors student behavior and provides technical and general support.
- Tutors from our partner Standout Learning provide academic support.
- Students have access to printer.
Why trust Asphalt Green? AG Lab comes on the heels of a successful Summer Day Camp program. We hosted 200 campers daily June through August and recorded zero reported or confirmed COVID-19 cases with our safety protocols in place. See summer day camp 2020 in action. In addition to our Summer Day Camp program, Asphalt Green has a history of providing exemplary youth sports and recreational programs led by caring, upbeat staff. These high standards are the force behind AG Lab. We are committed to providing a nurturing environment for children to learn, grow, and succeed in these unprecedented times.
- Asphalt Green’s safety procedures follow all State, City, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Staff and students have their temperature checked upon arrival each day.
- All learning stations are spaced 6 feet apart.
- Students are required to wear masks when transitioning from one space to another. Masks are not required when seated at individual learning stations.
- Staff wear masks at all times.
- Healthcare professional is on-site to administer medications and put safety protocols in place in the event a student or staff member shows COVID-19 symptoms.
- Program spaces and equipment are sanitized daily.
- Asphalt Green upgraded its HVAC air filtration system with CASPR (Continuous Air and Surface Pathogen Reduction) technology, the same system that services general surgery units in hospitals, and MERV 13 filters, which is the standard set by the State.
Buy more and save! Purchase 20 or more days and receive a 10% credit for use on any Asphalt Green program in 2021.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page for answers to common questions.
- Upper East Side: firstname.lastname@example.org; 212.369.8890 x2992
- Battery Park City: email@example.com; 212.298.2900 x2993
Asphalt Green reserves the right to cancel sessions due to low enrollment. In such instances, a 100% refund will be issued.
Attendance to scheduled Lab sessions are the responsibility of the participant. Makeups and credits will not be granted for unexcused absences as Asphalt Green incurs nonrefundable prepaid expenses for each Lab seat.
If Asphalt Green cancels a class due to an unforeseen, uncontrollable circumstance (non-force-majeure condition), a credit will be issued upon request.
All refund requests initiated by customer must be submitted in writing to Asphalt Green. Requests received with more than 30 days’ notice of the Lab session in question will be granted a 100% refund. Requests received with 15-29 days’ notice will receive a 75% refund or will have the option of a 100% account credit. Requests received with 4-14 days’ notice will a 50% refund and a 50% account credit. Requests made within 72 hours will not receive any compensation. Credits may be used for any Asphalt Green program.
Transfer requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 72 hours in advance. Subject to availability and a $15 fee.
EXCEPTIONS will be given if, upon a doctor's order, a program user cannot physically receive the services because of a significant physical disability or condition, including a positive COVID-19 test or a test pending results. Please contact Asphalt Green directly in such instances. Or, if the program user moves his or her residence or place of business more than 25 miles from Asphalt Green, the program user may transfer their program credit to another family. Proper documentation, such as a utility bill or lease will need to be submitted to Asphalt Green management.