Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Critter Dash! This tag game requires strategy and gets your heart pumping.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Large playground
How to Play
- Line up! You are the “critters” and I am the “fox.”
- When the “fox” says “Go,” the “critters” must pick up one cone and bring it back to your side without getting tagged by the “fox.”
- If tagged, the “critters” must drop the “food” and become a “tree." “Trees” can tag “critters,” but they cannot move their feet.
- Play until all cones have been taken or until all “critters” have been tagged.
Check for Understanding
- How do you become a tree?
- How many cones can you grab?
- Demonstrate to students
- High-five a player that makes it back.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Grab more than one cone.
Medium: Have two or three foxes.
Hard: Use flags/pinnies as tails, grab tails instead of tagging.
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.