Sometimes, finding time or space to get outside and play can be challenging, but that's not an excuse to be sedentary. Our Recess Enhancement Programs's (REP) game, All My Neighbors, is the perfect game to get kids active indoors.
ALL MY NEIGHBORS
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
HOW TO PLAY:
- Form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. The facilitator will place a cone in front of you. After set up is complete, the facilitator will stand in the middle of the circle and will be the first caller.
- The caller shouts a fact about himself or herself. Example: All my neighbors wearing black shoes.
- Everyone wearing black shoes must find a new cone in the circle, including the caller.
- The person left without a cone becomes the caller. Be creative with commands.
- Use rock-paper-scissors if two players get to a chair at the same time.
- Make the circle bigger
PLAY: REP IT OUT
MEDIUM: Hop on two feet.
Looking for more ways to keep kids active all summer long? Join us for virtual camp Monday through Friday. The schedule features a variety of active, creative, and game-based programs that keep campers engaged, learning, and having fun every day. Join the fun.