Kick off summer fun with an active game guaranteed to get everyone laughing. Our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game of the month, Animal Kingdom, is sure to be a hit.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10+ minutes
Where: Hallway or small outdoor space
How to Play
- Form a circle. Select one player to be the zookeeper, who will stand in the middle of the circle.
- The zookeeper will close his or her eyes and instruct other players how to move around the cirlce (skip, run, jump, etc.)
- When the zookeeper is ready, he or she says, "freeze," points to someone, and shouts out an animal.
- If you are chosen, you have to make the sound of an animal that the zookeeper says.
- The zookeeper has three chances to guess who made the sound.
- The player who made the animal sound switches places with the zookeeper.
If the zookeeper points between two people, have them do rock-paper-scissors to determine who will make the animal sound.
Play: REP IT OUT
EASY: Zookeeper will guess the noise.
MEDIUM: Make the movement of the animal.
HARD: Say the word like the animal.
You may also like: