Kick off the day with an active game guaranteed to get everyone laughing. Our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Animal Kingdom, is sure to be a hit.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10+ minutes
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, hallway, gymnasium, library, playground
How to Play
- Form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. Select one player to be the zookeeper, who will stand in the middle of the circle.
- The zookeeper will close his or her eyes and instruct other players how to move around the cirlce (skip, run, jump, etc.). Make sure to keep your distance.
- When the zookeeper is ready, he or she says, "freeze," points to someone, and shouts out an animal.
- If you are chosen, you have to make the sound of an animal that the zookeeper says.
- The zookeeper has three chances to guess who made the sound.
- Wi-fi (wireless high five or air five) the zookeeper. The player who made the animal sound switches places with the zookeeper.
If the zookeeper points between two people, have them do rock-paper-scissors to determine who will make the animal sound.
Play: REP IT OUT
EASY: Zookeeper will guess the noise.
MEDIUM: Make the movement of the animal.
HARD: Say the word like the animal.
Looking for more ways to keep kids active all summer long? Join us for virtual camp Monday through Friday. The schedule features a variety of active, creative, and game-based programs that keep campers engaged, learning, and having fun every day. Join the fun.