Looking for a way to have some fun inside? Help keep kids stay active indoors with Asphalt Green's Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game Four Corners! Here’s how to play:
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10+ minutes
Where: Any space indoors
How to Play
- Instruct players to pick a corner to start from. One person will stand in the middle and be the caller.
- Players must move to another corner before the caller counts down from 10 with their eyes closed.
- Keeping his or her eyes closed, the caller will choose a corner. The players in that corner will do five jumping jacks.
- If a player did not make it to a corner before the countdown ended, he or she will do jumping jacks too.
- If the caller picks an empty corner, he or she will do jumping jacks.
Not enough corners? Pick four designated spots or items in your room that players can head to. Make sure the caller knows where those spots are so he or she can point to the appropriate area.
Use Rock-Paper-Scissors to solve disagreements.
Play: REP It Out
EASY: Players must walk.
MEDIUM: Players must hop on two feet.
HARD: Players must hop on one foot.