If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
We're hungry for fun! Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Hungry Wolf.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Gymnasium, hallway, playground
How to Play:
- Instruct players to form a line standing 6 feet apart from each other. Players are the bunnies and the facilitator is the wolf. The goal is for the bunnies to avoid being tagged by the wolf.
- To start, the facilitator says, “Hungry wolf, hungry wolf what time is it?” Whatever time the wolf says is the number of steps the bunnies take toward the wolf. For example: six o’clock = six steps.
- If the wolf says, "It’s dinnertime," the bunnies must run back to the start line before the wolf.
- If the wolf gets to the line before a bunny, the bunny becomes a wolf and races the other bunnies.
- The game ends when everyone becomes a wolf.
Check for Understanding
- What do players have to ask the wolf?
- What do you do when the wolf says DINNERTIME?
- Have the last bunny be the first wolf for the next round.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
- Make sure students tag lightly with two fingers.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
MEDIUM: Hop on two feet.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.