The member locker rooms at Asphalt Green’s Upper East Side campus are getting complete overhauls! The second phase of the $2 million renovations, partially funded by the city, is set to begin in May. The first phase, renovations to the guest locker rooms and family changing rooms, was completed in November. Whether getting ready for your day post workout, transitioning from work to swim, or decompressing in our sauna, we know you’ll love our locker room’s modern feel.
Here are the upgrades in store to our member locker rooms:
- Modern and more spacious look and feel with new fixtures and warm lighting
- New countertops, cabinets, and sinks with automatic faucets and soap dispensers
- Updated and larger lockers
- Expanded vanities with new mirrors and lighting
- Full-length mirrors
- Individual floor-to-ceiling shower stalls with frosted glass doors and new fixtures complete with luxury shower gels and lotions
- Slip-resistant, durable flooring
- Improved ventilation to keep air fresh
- Relax and recharge in new steam and sauna rooms
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How long will the renovations take?
A: Renovations are expected to be complete by fall 2018.
Q: Will I still be able to use locker rooms during renovations?
A: Yes, one set of locker rooms will be open. ALL VISITORS (members and guests) will use the guest locker rooms while renovations take place. The locker rooms in the Murphy Center will also be open to all visitors.
Q: I have a reserved locker. How will this be affected during renovations?
A: All locker rental fees will be frozen for the duration of the project. You will be contacted regarding your locker rental options before renovations begin.
Q: Will there be increased security while all visitors are using the same locker room?
A: Yes, there will be additional security during high-traffic times. He or she will also ensure our high standards of cleanliness are maintained. If you forget a lock, a limited number of will be available to borrow at the front desk on the first floor of the AquaCenter using a valid ID.
Q: Will renovations affect facility hours and programs?
A: No, our facilities and programs will run as regularly scheduled.