The member locker rooms at Asphalt Green’s Upper East Side campus are getting complete overhauls! The second phase of the $2 million renovations, partially funded by the city, is underway. The first phase, renovations to the guest locker rooms and family changing rooms, was completed in November. Whether getting ready for your day post workout, transitioning from work to swim, or decompressing in our sauna, we know you’ll love our locker room’s modern feel.
Here are the upgrades in store to our member locker rooms:
- Modern and more spacious look and feel with new fixtures and warm lighting
- New countertops, cabinets, and sinks with automatic faucets and soap dispensers
- Updated and larger lockers with storage for suits in the men's locker room
- Larger vanities with new mirrors and lighting
- Full-length mirrors
- Individual floor-to-ceiling shower stalls with frosted glass doors and new fixtures complete with luxury shower gels and lotions
- Slip-resistant, durable flooring
- Improved ventilation to keep air fresh
- Relax and recharge in new steam and sauna rooms
- Stay connected with secure phone and tablet charging stations
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How long will the renovations take?
A: Renovations are expected to be complete by the end of 2018.
Q: Will I still be able to use locker rooms during renovations?
A: Yes, one set of locker rooms will be open. ALL VISITORS (members and guests) will use the guest locker rooms while renovations take place. Our seven family changing rooms, two of which include showers, on the first floor of the AquaCenter are available for use. Please also take advantage of the new amenities in the Murphy Center locker rooms. Towels are available at the Murphy Center front desk, and the locker rooms are stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lockers with electronic locks.
Q: I have a reserved locker. How will this be affected during renovations?
A: All locker rental fees will be frozen for the duration of the project. You will be contacted regarding your locker rental options before renovations begin.
Q: Will there be increased security while all visitors are using the same locker room?
A: Yes, there will be additional security during high-traffic times. He or she will also ensure our high standards of cleanliness are maintained. If you forget a lock, a limited number of will be available to borrow at the front desk on the first floor of the AquaCenter using a valid ID.
Q: Will renovations affect facility hours and programs?
A: No, our facilities and programs will run as regularly scheduled.