School is back in session, and Asphalt Green’s Recess Enhancement Program (REP) is here to help you make recess a fun, safe, and active part of the school day! We're bringing you our favorite playground games of all time. Let's start the year off with a bang by playing Pindown. It's a great way to get a large group of students active and moving.
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 20+ minutes
Where: Gymnasium or outdoor basketball court
Equipment: six cones/bowling pins, four gator balls, and six hula hoops
How to Play
- Scatter hula hoops throughout the playing area with a cone/bowling pin in the middle of each one. Assign one player to guard each cone/pin. The players who are not guarding a cone/pin will line up.
- When the facilitator yells, "go," each player will try to knock over the cones/pins of other players with a gator ball. Players may move around to pick up a ball and guard their cone/pin.
- When your cone/pin is knocked down, you are out, and that player will go to the end of the line.
- The first student in line then goes to the open hula hoop and joins the game.
- Instruct students to high-five each other when they join the line.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Two players per team (or more for bigger groups).
MEDIUM: Remove hula hoops.
HARD: Use non-dominant hand.
You may also like: