Please note: Tryouts for the 2023-2024 season have passed.
About 2023-2024 AGUA Swim Team Tryouts:
Tryouts for our Upper East Side campus will be for swimmers 6 to 12 years old only. All participants in the AGUA tryouts must register through the Asphalt Green site and sign all waivers to try out. Walk-ins are not permitted.
Interested in tryouts at our Battery Park City campus? Click here.
Dates and Location:
The AquaCenter at Asphalt Green's Upper East Side Campus (located at 1750 York Avenue):
- Tuesday, September 5 from 4pm to 6pm
- Wednesday, September 6 from 4pm to 6pm
Swimmers aged 6-8:
- 6 through 8 years old as of January 1, 2024
- Should be able to complete a 25-yard butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle
- Should be able to demonstrate a flip turn
Swimmers aged 9-10:
- 9 through 10 years old as of January 1, 2024
- Should be able to complete a 50-yard butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle
- Should be able to demonstrate racing starts and flip turns
Swimmers aged 11-12:
- 11 through 12 years old as of January 1, 2024
- Must be able to complete a 50-yard butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle with technical proficiency and speed.
- Must be able to perform racing starts and flip turns
- Previous USA Swimming experience with USA Swimming BB times or better preferred
- Please note: Roster spots in this age group are extremely limited
About the AGUA Swim Team:
The Asphalt Green Unified Aquatics (AGUA) Swim Team is Manhattan’s premier competitive team and one of the top swim clubs in the Northeast. The AGUA Swim Team is tryout-based and a training ground for the nation’s highest-level swimmers.
AGUA Swim Team's mission is to train and develop top-level athletes. We strive to teach swimmers technical skills as well as responsibility, hard work, and sportsmanship. Our swimmers learn how to balance academics and athletics, which to prepares them for the challenges of college—where many continue to compete—and beyond.
As an AGUA Swim Team member, we expect:
- Swimmers to meet minimum training requirements set forth by the group coach
- Swimmers to regularly participate in competitions
- Parent participation in all home competitions (four per year)
- A desire to be part of a competitive program that emphasizes team and sportsmanship along with hard work