Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Bulldog! This tag game is ideal for spaces where kids can really run. It will get the blood pumping and have everyone exhausted by the end while also working out the most important muscle of all — the brain!
Who: Grades K-2
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Small playground
How to Play
- Line up! One person is the Bulldog.
- The Bulldog will call out “Bulldog, Bulldog, 1, 2, 3.”
- When you hear this, you must run to the other side without getting tagged.
- If you are tagged, you become a Bulldog too.
Check for Understanding
- Point to where you are running to.
- What does the Bulldog say?
- Have the Bulldog use different callouts to make sure the students are listening.
- Have students practice tagging each other with 2 fingers.
- Have the Bulldog whisper the callouts.
- Easy: Have the tagged students freeze in place
- Medium: Have 2+ Bulldogs
- Hard: Have students hop instead of run
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.