Our unseasonably warm December is going to give way to a typical New York winter soon. Be ready to stay active inside by playing an indoor REP game! All it takes to play Up, Down, Stomp, Clap is a willingness to join the fun! Keep your New Year’s Resolutions by staying active with Up, Down, Stomp, Clap and more fun REP games.
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 10+ minutes
- Students sit in their seats
HOW TO PLAY:
- 1 You will do a lot of moving but you will not move from your seats.
- 2 You will hear a series of commands to follow.
- When I say UP raise your arms up.
- When I say DOWN put your arms down
- When I say STOMP you stomp your feet once.
- When I say CLAP you clap once.
- Listen very carefully because in the next round it gets harder.
- Round 2 UP and DOWN are opposites.
- Round 3 UP and DOWN and STOMP and CLAP are opposites.
- What do you do when I say ‘DOWN’ in Round 2?
- Do you move from your seat?
- Do the actions with the students for Round 1.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
- Have the students do 4 arm circles if a mistake is made and then quickly rejoin the game.
- Use WALK and STOP instead of UP and DOWN to increase movement.
REP IT OUT!
EASY: Only use Round 1.
MEDIUM: Only use Round 1 and 2.
HARD: Add different movements into the series of commands.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: