March weather can be unpredictable. One day it’s beautiful, the next it’s snowing. Our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game of the month, Ghost, can be played outside on a small playground or inside in a gym. It will keep students active but also requires them to listen and practice patience. If they don’t keep their ears open, they might just get caught by the ghost!
Who: Grades kindergarten to 2
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Any indoor or outdoor space
HOW TO PLAY:
- Form a circle with one person in the midlde as the ghost.
- The ghost closes his or her eyes, pretending to be sleeping.
- While the ghost is sleeping, those part of the cirlce tip-toe around the ghost, counting out loud from 1am to midnight.
- At midnight, the ghost wakes up and will try to tag those part of the circle.
- If you are tagged, you become the ghost. Restart the game.
- Use rock, paper, scissors to resolve any problems.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Tag on the shoulders.
MEDIUM: Count in a different language.
HARD: Count backward.
You may also like: