We’ve curated a list of personal trainers and workouts you may like based on the classes you love.
Workout style: You love to dance! A workout is a success if you leave with a smile on your face. But make no mistake—you're working up a sweat while having a great time.
Perfect personal trainer match:
You’ll love them because they both have dance backgrounds. They will create routines that bring the energy you love about Zumba to a one-on-one session.
Try it on your own:
If you’re hitting the fitness center solo, incorporate coordination, balance, and cardio exercises to give your workout a Zumba-like feel. Think side shuffles, sprints, single-leg balance reaches, and one-ins. You can also play with coordinating your moves to the tempo of your music. Try playing a song that you love and can safely keep the tempo with. It will make your workout fly by!
Here’s another sample workout:
Warm up: Pick a song with a slow to medium tempo. Repeat the following for the duration of the song:
- Step touch (eight counts)
- High knees (eight counts)
- Butt kicks (eight counts)
- Jumping jacks (eight counts)
- Knee to opposite elbow (eight counts)
Circuit 1 (repeat twice):
- Plank with alternating arm reach, slow tempo (30 seconds)
- Single-leg balance reach (balance on one foot and move opposite leg to the front, side, and back), slow tempo (15 seconds each leg)
- Stability ball glute bridge (30 seconds)
- Lateral banded walk, medium tempo (30 seconds)
Circuit 2 (repeat twice)
- TRX squat to row, medium tempo (30 seconds)
- V-ups, medium to fast tempo (30 seconds)
- TRX calf raise, medium to fast tempo (30 seconds)
- Burpees, medium to fast tempo (30 seconds)
- Stationary bike, three songs total (one song medium tempo, one song fast tempo, and one song medium tempo)