How far can you jump? Players will find out in Asphalt Green's Recess Enhancement Program game Sticks.
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, hallway, playground
Equipment: Cones or tape
How to Play
- Instruct players to form two lines and stand six feet away from one another.
- Place two sticks or rows of cones on the ground.
- Players must land on the other side without putting their foot down between the sticks.
- After each jump, players go to the end of the line keeping your distance from the person standing in front of you.
- The gap between the two sticks gets wider each round.
Check for Understanding
- What happens to the sticks after each round?
- Where do you go after you jump?
- For wider gaps, allow players to take a step or put their foot down between the jump ropes.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP
- Players can keep playing if they cannot make the jump between the jump ropes.
- Have more than one game going to decrease waiting time.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Keep the gap small.
MEDIUM: Make three rows of cones.
HARD: Make more than three rows of cones.
Looking for more ways to keep kids active all summer long? Join us for virtual camp Monday through Friday. The schedule features a variety of active, creative, and game-based programs that keep campers engaged, learning, and having fun every day. Join the fun.