Kids exercise their minds and bodies in one of our favorite Recess Enhancement Program Games, Alien.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Form a circle and stand 6 feet away from each other. Keep your eyes closed while the facilitator picks three aliens and one detective, using his or her toe to tap. If you are tapped on your toe twice, you are an alien. If you are tapped on your toe once, you are the detective.
- The detective stands in the middle of the circle. His or her goal is to find the aliens.
- The aliens will zap others by winking at them. Players who are zapped must sit down.
- The detective has three chances to guess the aliens. After three guesses, the aliens are revealed.
- The facilitator chooses new aliens and detectives, and the game begins again.
Check for Understanding
- How do you know if you are an alien or a detective?
- What do you do when you are zapped?
- Tell players not to give away the aliens.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players wi-fi (wireless high five or air five) each other after the round.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
EASY: Aliens can point.
MEDIUM: Have two detectives.
HARD: Have one alien.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.