Players improve listening skills and get active in our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game Clap and Move.
Clap and Move
Who: Grades K-3
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
Equipment: Different colored cones
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 feet away from each other.
- The leader will clap three times, then say a color of one of the cones.
- Players run to the cone of the color that the leader says without touching anyone. Only one person can be at a cone at a time.
- The player that gets to the cone last does three toe touches, then rejoins the game.
Check for Understanding
- How many claps do players listen for?
- Point to the color cones.
- Players should always be standing 6 feet away from each other.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players help you lead the game.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Dance to the cone.
Medium: Change the number of claps.
Hard: Pick more than one color.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.