If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Kids show off their favorite dance moves in this popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Classy Moves.
REP Game: Classy Moves
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players form a circle standing 6 feet away from each other. The dance leader will be in the middle.
- The dance leader will dance in the middle for 20 seconds.
- Everyone must copy the dance leader's classy moves. Then it's someone else's turn.
- Continue until each player gets a chance to be the dance leader.
Check for Understanding
- Who should players be copying?
- How far apart should players stand?
- Demonstrate different types of dances before the game starts.
Conflict Resolution Tip
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have two dance leaders.
Medium: Players can only dance using their hands.
Hard: Have two players dance battle.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.