Counting gets a fun twist in our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Countdown.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Form a circle, standing 6 feet away from one another. The goal is to count down from 15 to 1.
- The leader will start the countdown. Another player will say the next lowest number.
- Each player can only say one number in the countdown. There is no order regarding who should say the next number.
- If two players say a number at the same time, the group must do 10 jumping jacks, and the game will start over.
Check for Understanding
- What happens when two people say the same number at the same time?
- How many times can you say a number?
- No pointing or gesturing is allowed.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Select a person to start the countdown.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Start with 5 to 1.
Medium: Set time restrictions on the round.
Hard: Players close their eyes during the countdown.
Looking for more ways to keep kids active all summer long? Join us for virtual camp Monday through Friday. The schedule features a variety of active, creative, and game-based programs that keep campers engaged, learning, and having fun every day. Join the fun.