Counting gets a fun twist in our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) game, Countdown.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Form a circle, standing 6 feet away from one another. The goal is to count down from 15 to 1.
- The leader will start the countdown. Another player will say the next lowest number.
- Each player can only say one number in the countdown. There is no order regarding who should say the next number.
- If two players say a number at the same time, the group must do 10 jumping jacks, and the game will start over.
Check for Understanding
- What happens when two people say the same number at the same time?
- How many times can you say a number?
- No pointing or gesturing is allowed.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Select a person to start the countdown.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Start with 5 to 1.
Medium: Set time restrictions on the round.
Hard: Players close their eyes during the countdown.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.