Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, High-Five! This relay race game is ideal for larger spaces where kids can really run. It will get the blood pumping and have everyone exhausted by the end.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Small playground
How to Play
- Form a circle! We are going to make two teams. Make sure you are toe-to-toe with the student next to you.
- The first student will run around the circle as quickly as possible, then high-five the next student to go.
- After high-fiving the player, sit down quickly so they can run around the circle. Continue until all players have gone.
- The first team to have all players sitting down wins!
Check for Understanding
- When can you run?
- What must you do when you give a high-five?
- Demonstrate to students. Make multiple teams for bigger groups.
- Have students cheer each other on.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Medium: Hop on two feet
Hard: Hop on one foot
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.