Players are required to think on their feet in Mirror, Mirror, one of our popular Recess Enhancement Program (REP) games.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players pick a partner and face each other, keeping 6 feet of space between each other.
- One person is going to be the leader.
- The other must mirror his or her movements.
- There should be no talking or touching, just mirroring movements.
- After two minutes, switch roles to let the other person lead.
Check for Understanding
- Who is the leader?
- Should there be any talking or touching?
- If you are going to be in a quiet area, tell players the instructions before moving.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Have players take turns mirroring others in the group.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have one leader and one mirror.
Medium: Add movements that require balance.
Hard: Have both students lead and mirror at the same time.
Looking for more ways to keep kids active all summer long? Join us for virtual camp Monday through Friday. The schedule features a variety of active, creative, and game-based programs that keep campers engaged, learning, and having fun every day. Join the fun.