Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Number Change! This circle game will encourage the kids to listen and respond to instructions in a fun way while also keeping them moving.
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 15 minutes+
How to Play
- Let’s form a circle! Remember what number I give you.
- One person will be “it” and stand in the middle of the circle.
- I am going to call two numbers. When you hear your number called, switch spots before “it” gets to an open spot.
- The student left without a spot becomes “it.”
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when your number is called?
- Where do you go if you're left without a spot?
- Have students say their number out loud.
- Have students high-five when switching places.
- Create more circles for a large number of students.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have students hop
Medium: Call more than two numbers
Hard: Have students face away from "it"
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.