September’s game of the month is Band Aid Tag. In this outdoor recess game, everyone is “it.” Getting tagged means you’ve been “wounded.” Three wounds send you to the “hospital” for a few healing jumping jacks. It’s a fun recess game for elementary school students in a large playground.
Who: Grades 3 to 5
Time: 15+ minutes
Where: Large playground
- 8 cones
- 4 cones for the outside boundary
- 4 cones for the "hospital"
HOW TO PLAY:
- Everyone is “it”.
- Tag with two fingers above the waist.
- When tagged use your hands to cover that area like a “band aid.”
- After three tags, go to the hospital and do 10 jumping jacks (or a funny dance or another movement) to “heal yourself” and rejoin the game.
- How many tags does it take to go to the hospital?
- Point to the hospital?
- Create another hospital zone if you have a larger amount of students.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
- Use Rock–Paper–Scissors to solve any arguments.
- Switch to walking or hopping on one foot to lower the energy or if you need to get control.
REP IT OUT!
EASY: Tag the SHOULDERS only.
MEDIUM: Tag the LEGS only.
HARD: Tag the ELBOWS only.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: