Fall is here and that means football! November's game of the month, Ultimate Football, is a playground-friendly version that’s great for elementary school students. There is no tackling, or even touching, just touchdowns! Keep football safe, active, and fun with this kid-friendly take on the classic outdoor game.
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 30+ minutes
Where: Large playground
- 4 CONES
- 1 FOOTBALL
- Two endzones on oppostie sides
HOW TO PLAY:
- Line up, make two teams, and go to your end zone.
- One team throws the ball to other end zone to start the game.
- Take three steps only and then pass to your teammate. Your team has three chances to score.
- Defense can only intercept the pass. No tackling or pushing.
- If the ball is dropped, intercepted, or knocked away it is turned over for your team. Restart the game!
- How many steps can you take?
- Is there any tackling or pushing?
- Create even teams (use apples and oranges).
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP:
- Be the referee by making calls and keeping score. I
- Assign students to offensive and defensive teams.
REP IT OUT!
EASY: Allow four chances to score.
MEDIUM: Take two steps only.
HARD: Take three hops.
Check out more active recess games from Asphalt Green's REP team: