Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Removing Coconuts! This relay race game requires strategy and gets your heart pumping.
Who: Grades 3-5
Time: 20 minutes+
Equipment: 10+ cones
How to Play
- Line up! We are going to make 4 teams. Each team will have one circle and pick one person to be in their team's circle.
- There will be one ‘tree’ in the middle containing 10 ‘coconuts’ (cones).
- One player at a time will grab one coconut at a time from the tree and give it to your teammate in the circle. First team to get 4 coconuts in their circle wins!
- Players may also choose to go to other teams’ circle instead of going to the tree.
- Players may not guard their coconuts.
Check for Understanding
- How many coconuts can you grab at once?
- How many people can go after coconuts from each team?
- Have players tag each other with two fingers to send someone back to their team.
- Have students play Rock-Paper-Scissors to solve any argument.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Have students walk.
Medium: Have students hop on two feet.
Hard: Have students hop only.
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.