Get ready to rumble in our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) fun twist on rock-paper-scissors.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 ft away from each other. Go over rock-paper-scissors with the players.
- All the students will play against the coach, called the rumbler.
- If a player is successful against the rumbler, he or she remains standing.
- If a player throws the same sign as the rumbler, he or she remains standing.
- If a player is unsuccessful, he or she does five jumping jacks, then sits down.
- The game continues until there is one player left standing. That player becomes the new rumbler.
Check for Understanding
- What does paper beat?
- What do you do when you are unsuccessful?
- Players who are unsuccessful and are sitting down can still participate as long as they stay seated.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Time permitting, keep playing until everyone gets a chance to be the rumbler.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Practice rock-paper-scissors before playing.
Medium: No one gets out. Complete a couple of rounds, then choose a new rumbler.
Hard: Have two rumblers in front of the groupl
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.