Get ready to rumble in our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) fun twist on rock-paper-scissors.
Who: Grades 3-8
Time: 10 minutes+
Where: Auditorium, cafeteria, classroom, gymnasium, hallway, library, playground
How to Play
- Players line up and stand 6 ft away from each other. Go over rock-paper-scissors with the players.
- All the students will play against the coach, called the rumbler.
- If a player is successful against the rumbler, he or she remains standing.
- If a player throws the same sign as the rumbler, he or she remains standing.
- If a player is unsuccessful, he or she does five jumping jacks, then sits down.
- The game continues until there is one player left standing. That player becomes the new rumbler.
Check for Understanding
- What does paper beat?
- What do you do when you are unsuccessful?
- Players who are unsuccessful and are sitting down can still participate as long as they stay seated.
Conflict Resolution Tip
- Time permitting, keep playing until everyone gets a chance to be the rumbler.
PLAY: REP IT OUT
Easy: Practice rock-paper-scissors before playing.
Medium: No one gets out. Complete a couple of rounds, then choose a new rumbler.
Hard: Have two rumblers in front of the groupl
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.