If you are unable to hold in-person activities, we also offer free trainings on engaging kids in movement through virtual programming. Check out our remote trainings here.
Kids get active in our REP game Sun, Moon, Earth.
Sun, Moon, Earth
Who: Grades K-8
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Gymnasium, playground
How to Play
- Set up three cones in your play space. Designate each cone as sun, moon, or earth.
- Line up on the starting line, and stand 6 feet away from one another.
- The facilitator will call out either sun, moon, or earth.
- When players hear: SUN, run to the sun cone. MOON, hop on two feet to the moon cone. EARTH, walk to the earth cone. Make sure to keep your distance when moving to different cones.
- If players make a mistake, do five jumping jacks, then rejoin the game.
CHECK FOR UNDERSTANDING
- How do you move to the sun?
- What happens if you make a mistake?
- Practice the commands with players before starting the game.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION TIP
- If a player makes a mistake give them a wi-fi (air high five).
PLAY: REP IT OUT
MEDIUM: Hop on two feet.
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. Asphalt Green, like many nonprofits, has felt the effects of COVID-19. We need your support now more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.