Get your kids active with our Recess Enhancement Program's (REP) game, Transformer Tag! This tag game is ideal for spaces where kids can really run. It will get the blood pumping and have everyone exhausted by the end!
Who: Grades K-5
Time: 15 minutes+
Where: Large playground
How to Play
- Line up! I’m going to make two teams.
- One team will put one hand on their heads, and the other team will put one hand on their stomachs.
- You must tag someone from the other team to transform (switch hand position) them to your team.
- If tagged, you transform (switch hand position), become a part of the other team, and continue to tag.
- Keep playing until everyone is on one team.
Check for Understanding
- What do you do when you are tagged while you have your hands on your head?
- When do you know a team has won the game?
- Use students to demonstrate the rules of the game.
- Have students high-five each other after being tagged.
- Have students walk or hop rather than run.
- Easy: Tag on the shoulder only.
- Medium: Tag on the legs only.
- Hard: Tag on the elbows only.
You May Also Like:
Help Asphalt Green provide resources for kids to stay active. We need your support more than ever to continue providing for the community. We are stronger together.