According to State and City mandate, as of September 30, 2020, indoor swimming pools are permitted to reopen at a maximum capacity of 33%.
All swimming is by reservation only. Lanes are assigned upon entry to the pool deck. At this time, only members are eligible to reserve swim time. Guests and drop-ins are not permitted during our first phase of reopening.
Asphalt Green’s pool schedule maximizes space and keeps our members and staff healthy and safe. For your convenience, please find the current member pool layout for Asphalt Green’s Upper East Side campus below.
- Pool and water cleaning systems are fastidiously maintained, including disinfection with chlorine. A UV filtration system also disinfects our pools.
- BioOx air purification system installed on the pool deck removes chlorine particles and improves air quality. The recently installed CASPR air filtration system neutralizes aerosolized viruses, including COVID-19.
- Member lap swim has a maximum capacity of two swimmers per lane.
- Pool is cleared of swimmers, and high-touch areas are cleaned between swim sessions.
- Family recreation swim is suspended indefinitely.
- Towel service is discontinued. Please bring your own towel. Towels are available for purchase. All proceeds support our free community programs and scholarships.
The Olympic pool is kept at 79 to 82 degrees. The teaching and exercise pool temperature ranges from 89 to 92 degrees. Both pools are handicap accessible.